When my kids were growing up, I always tried to feed them only “real” food. I didn’t mind treats, as long as they were made with real ingredients and my kids realized it was a ’treat’ to be eaten in moderation. To their continuous annoyance, whenever they asked for something, I would look at the ingredients label and refuse to buy anything with unpronounceable or fake ingredients…food coloring…corn syrup…NOPE. It became a kind of a joke in our family, as we would try to pronounce unreadable ingredients that were supposed to be food.
So that’s why we decided to make delicious organic whole milk chocolate bars filled with grains, cereals and real food!
- Chocolate is from the seed of the cacao tree. A cocoa pod contains 40-45 cocoa beans. It takes around 135-270 cocoa beans to make a pound of chocolate
- ‘Chocolate’ comes from the Aztec “cacahuatl” or “xocolatl,” meaning “bitter water.”
- Per capita, Americans eat 12 pounds of chocolate annually, compared to the Swiss who eat 21 pounds. We have a long way to go!
- It’s the negative additives and preservatives in many chocolates that have given it a bad reputation. That’s why MOO Chocolates uses only the finest ingredients!
- No chemicals fertilizers, pesticides, or chemical food additives used
- Non-GMO (genetically modified organisms) ingredients
- Rice and corn bars do not contain gluten
- Since the facility has gluten present, we do not claim to be gluten free due to possible airborne particles of gluten
- Minimally processed food
- No artificial ingredients
- MOO bars do not include nuts
- However, MOO bars are processed in a facility where peanuts and tree nuts are present so we do not claim to be nut free.